- Berkeley Medical Center – expanding current support group to include cancer survivors of all ages and cancer types, as well as their caregivers;
- Grant Memorial Hospital – developing a new cancer support group for rural cancer survivors of all ages and cancer types;
- Mary Babb Randolph Cancer Center – creating a new support program for adolescent and young adult cancer survivors and their caregivers;
- Spotted Owl Healthcare Organization – implementing a new support group for black and African American cancer survivors from Kanawha County with a history of breast and prostate cancers; and
- Wheeling Hospital – developing a new support program for adolescent and young adult cancer survivors and their caregivers.
These organizations will also receive support from MOH through a Community of Practice Learning Collaborative, a series of virtual meetings offering the grantees the opportunity to learn from each other and to troubleshoot technical issues with the MOH staff. These meetings and the subsequent grant work will kick off in mid-October 2023. We look forward to sharing updates of the wonderful work that these organizations will do!